30 September 2014 - Nostalgia Ain't What It Used To Be ? lots of old and lovely folk and blues tunes

Hi all

Well as I was away last week and hence, thus and therefore there was no 'What's in the Post?' I thought I'd dust down and play a load of old and beautiful tunes from my archives at the back of my library of folk and blues.  Some seriously old and crackly tunes and some that ought to get more airplay than they do at present.  But, as I say 'songs from the little well-known to the more obscure' is where I'm coming from so I suppose these tunes rarely get an outing so here's the play-out they deserve.

ARTIST .......................... TRACK
Fleetwood Mac ................. Dr Brown
Nic Jones .......................... Swimming Song
ZZ Top ............................. Just Got Back From Baby's
Nick Drake ....................... Things Behind The Sun
Alexis Korner ................... How Long Blues
Etchingham Steam Band .. Hard Times of Old England
L'il Son Jackson ............... Roberta Blues
Lindisfarne ....................... Meet Me On The Corner
Una Mae Carlisle ............. Hangover Blues
Bagpuss ........................... The Millers' Song
Mississippi John Hurt ...... Stack O' Lee Blues
Bob Dylan ........................ Don't Think Twice It's Alright
Tom Waits ....................... I Want You

And here are the piccies!


































































































No comments:

Post a Comment