20 October 2015 - The Generic Show (Part 1?)

Hi all

Yes, as the title suggests this show is my 'generic show' so when I'm ill, on holiday, or volunteering for some of the other organisations that I put my time into you'll, then you'll get this show.

It's a generic show of some of my best folk and blues tunes' not all of them, oh NO not by a long chalk.  But as I only have 58 mins for a show and I have to allow for my chattering away then you'll be expecting around 45 mins of tunes.

When I was putting this track listing together I was saying 'oh i got to put that track in' and 'Oh my lordy! that's a definite' and then I looked up and found I had nearly one and three quarters of tunes; so how to cut that lot down thought I? It went a bit like.... folk blues folk blues etc to begin with then on timing and then on just damn hard decisions as well as on my tag line I have to remember "Songs from the little well known to the more obscure" 

So it looks like although I've done just the one Generic show it looks like a second will be needed.  I'm not hoping to be away from the studio for so long that a second needs to be played out but 'you've got to have one in the bank' ...... 'just in case!!' (as Mr Ian Willis Kilmister often says)

TRACK ........................................... ARTIST
Say It Right .................................... Annabelle Chvostek
Severn Yellow Gypsies .................. Nic Jones
The Writing's on the Wall .............. Ian Siegal
The Lament of the Black Sheep ..... Ange Hardy
Just Got Back From Baby's ............ Zz Top
Judgement Day .............................. Appalachia
The Bums of Easy Street ............... Ben Rogers
Boogie Woogie Man ..................... Albert Ammons and Pete Johnston
Lost Gal ......................................... The Foghorn String Band
Will Ye Go Lassie Go ................... Alex Campbell
When the Ground Hit The Ground (Ode to Warnow) . Paul Lamb and the Detroit Breakdown
You'll Always Be My Girl ............ Drew Holcomb
Tango 'Till They're Sore ............... Tom Waits























































No comments:

Post a Comment